Associate Professor of Mathematics
GeoTop - Copenhagen Center of Geometry and Topology
Department of Mathematical Sciences (MATH), H.C. Ørsted Institute at SCIENCE
University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 5, DK-2100 Denmark
Email: nmoller[Q]math[,]ku[,]dk | Office: Room 04.4.14.
URL: http://www.math.ku.dk/~nmoller |
KU profile page
Welcome to my page at University of Copenhagen, where I am an Associate Professor of Mathematics, working on geometry and partial differential equations. I received my PhD degree in Mathematics from MIT, with T.H. Colding as PhD advisor, and I was subsequently employed as Instructor at Princeton University. I'm a cofounding member of GeoTop - The Copenhagen Centre for Geometry and Topology, a large initiative starting in 2020, via funding from the Danish National Research Foundation's centers of excellence program. I'm also an Associate Member of the QMATH center.
In 2017, I was selected as one of 7 new members across Danish sciences & humanities to join the Young Academy under the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters, and elected Vice-Chair 2021-2022, resulting in many activities in outreach and science policy.
Research group members at U Copenhagen, funded by the DNRF (GeoTop), DFF-Sapere Aude, MATH/UCPH, and soon also The Carlsberg Foundation (ordered by date of hire, updated 10/2022):
- Jingxuan Zhang (PhD student)
- Ali Jabbar Muhammad (PhD student, prev. MSc in the group)
- John Man Shun Ma (Postdoc)
- Alexander Everest Mramor (Postdoc)
- Eric Ling (Postdoc, 2023-)
Past group members:
- Alexander Friedrich (Postdoc, 2019-2021)
- Felix Lubbe (Postdoc, 2019-2021)]
- Francesco Chini (PhD, 2/2020) [F. Chini's doctoral thesis (.PDF)]
- Johan Klemmensen (MSc joint w/ LMU Munich, 6/2021)
- Rasmus Johansen Jouttijarvi (MSc, 9/2020)
- Martin Ravn Christiansen (MSc, 3/2019)
We're hiring at MATH, U Copenhagen:
--> Deadlines: Nov 15, 2022 (PhD fellowships), Nov, 2022 (Postdoc fellowships).